27 February 2014
What we want is set out in our original programme of 2007 and the joint election manifesto on which C.L.A.R.O contested the local election in May, 2011 with CLR - see Manifesto.
- To CONTINUE to elect councillors from Orihuela Costa to the Orihuela Municipal Council.
- To prevent a return of the uncontrolled building which has resulted in insufficient services, inadequate infrastructure and has endangered the Environment of the coast.
- To end the neglect of Orihuela Costa by insisting on the use of our taxes to pay for our infrastructure and service needs - although the coast constitutes 30% of the population of Orihuela and probably provides 50% of the revenue from local taxes, historically only a small part of the budget is devoted to the coast.
- Greater security for people and property, in particular more policemen.
- More and better health facilities.
- Cleaner streets.
- A properly functioning sewage system to prevent sewage spilling on to our streets.
- Well maintained parks and gardens.
- More and better schools for our children.
- Better public transport.
- Proper Civic and Social facilities, including an auditorium and library.
- Preventing the destruction of CALA MOSCA, the last natural green area on the Orihuela coast.
- More services administered directly in the Playa Flamenca office of the Town Hall with a friendly and efficient, multi-lingual staff, able to deal with the administrative problems faced by local residents.